It's a little early at 17 months but we decided to let Nanny May start potty training Lucas. Our goal for now is simple -- Have Lucas get into the routine of sitting on the potty at specific times of the day, like after a meal. Then at some point when he is ready, he will hopefully pee or poo into the potty.
Last night, we took the froggy potty out and Lucas was extremely interested in the "new toy". He dragged it along with him in the living room and at one point even sat on it. Wow, what a wonderful start!
Today marks the official first day of potty training. But regretfully, I have to declare it a failure as besides some tears, nothing came out of Lucas.
Oh well, it's nothing surprising. Like learning to bike, it will take many more days of trying (and failing). But I know very soon I will be able to take a picture with Lucas smiling proudly at the camera, showing me his "success". Until then...
Tweet