Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The magic of time

Happy times really go by fast.  My 3 months of maternity leave is quickly coming to an end.  I don't know if I am ready but I will be returning to work full-time beginning Oct 20.  By then, Lucas will be 18 month old while Saria will be 3 months old.  It feels just like yesterday that I delivered Saria at Kaiser SF.  Here's how much she has changed over 3 months:


Today, Lucas followed his usual routine of wandering around the house and exploring everything remotely interesting.  He dragged baby Saria's infant carseat around and picked up her newborn hat, thinking it was a toy.  As he fiddled around with his "new toy", I suddenly got curious and wondered if he could still fit into that hat.  And haha, here's the answer:


The hat was really really snug and I could barely keep it on for more than a few seconds.  It came off the moment after I snapped the photo.  Not sure if Lucas realized his head was too big for that hat, and his body was too big for the infant carseat.  But if he did, it could well be his first lesson of life -- There's no turning back in time.    

As for mama, I am sure I will miss this wonderful time staying home with my babies.  So guess what, I better start planning my 6 weeks of baby bonding leave.