Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Saria is 4 months old!

Keeping this blog up to date is becoming increasingly challenging as Ryan and I can barely survive each day with just a few hours of sleep. But little things captured here are precious memory of Lucas and Saria's childhood, and I know they would have fun reading about them when they get older.  So here I am, blogging at 12:44am on a Saturday night.

A month has gone by since I returned to work full-time.  My daily schedule has been quite hectic and the 2-hour commute does'n't make things any easier.  Every night around 9pm or so when both kids are finally in bed, Ryan and I would finally get to slow down, think about what to eat, briefly chat about our day then off we crash.  But time really goes by fast.  Saria is now 4 months old, losing much of her baby hair yet gaining much weight and awareness of her surroundings.  Here're some health stats from her 4-month well-visit last week:
  • Weight: 7.229 kg (15 lb 15 oz) (93%)
  • Height: 0.622 m (2' 0.5") (64%)
  • Head circ: 42 cm (16.54") (80%)
Compared to Lucas at the same age, Saria is a tiny bit lighter and shorter.  But boys and girls have different growth charts and clearly Saria is on the chubbier side.  She is also looking quite a lot different than before, most notably her double eyelids are finally becoming more visible (and permanent).  Yay!  My "muimui" is so cute!



She's also a lot more alert and curious about everything around her.  She smiles when she sees mama and cries when she knows nobody is nearby . She grabs onto toys and dangling objects, stares at her own mirror reflection with curiosity, and sucks her little thumb to soothe her gums.  Relative to Lucas, she doesn't like tummy time as much and would scream 2-3 mins into the exercise wanting to be flipped over onto her back.  She also isn't as animated as her brother but she's a quiet observer.  She pays attention to her surroundings, studies everything close to her and looks at people in their eyes when they are talking to her.  I have a hunch that muimui will develop a very different personality than Lucas :)